Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology at its May 13 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology met on Wednesday, May 13, 2009.
The Board voted to release the following licensee from suspension for non-payment of student loan pursuant to request from the Georgia Higher Education Assistance Corporation:
The Board voted to terminate the probation sanction for the following licensee:
- Franchesca Nicole Wiley, Pooler
The Board voted to dismiss citations against the following establishments:
- Denver & Friendz, Macon
- Dixie Adam Baker, Macon
- His & Her Beauty Shop, Siloam
The Board voted to deny the following applications for licensure:
- Gulzar A. Lakdawala, Lilburn
- Barbara Anita Sims, Forsyth
- Jose Guillermo Carreno, Lawrenceville
- Margarita Pinida Calrera, Lilburn
- Angela T. Ly, Tifton
The Board voted to accept consent orders from the following individuals:
- Andrea Lea Braymiller, Lilburn: Probationary licensure.
- Elisabeth Ann Romans, Acworth: Probationary licensure.
- Jimmy Devall Dickens dba Amazing Cuts Styles and Braids Salon, Kennesaw: Probationary licensure.
- Lance Jamiel Broach, Smiths Station, AL: Probationary licensure.
- Anthony L. Davis, Atlanta: Probationary licensure.
The Board voted to approve the following continuing education provider:
- Norma Brown, McDonough, GA
The Board voted to refer the following licensees to the Attorney General’s office for revocation due to non-payment of citations:
- Hart to Hart, Albany
- Best Braids Inc., Albany
- Express Nails, Columbus
- Faithworks Salon, Albany
The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology will hold its next meeting for the purposes of conducting Citation Hearings on Monday, May 18, at 9:00 am at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.